Sunday, January 3, 2010

CALIFORNIA COAST by Robert Swetz


CALIFORNIA COAST by Robert Swetz

- CALIFORNIA DREAMING

Everyone that knows me figured it would just be a matter of time before I formed a group about California. I have bloged so many photos and stories about the West Coast State, I had to go beyond the realms of duty.

My first visit to the wonderful State of CALIFORNIA was back it 1974 when I was only 16 years of age.

I moved to the West Coast from Minnesota when I was 16 years old with a friend from school and lived in Portland Oregon. At this time I would hitch-hike down the whole West Coast through CALIFORNIA.

With a back-pack, harmonica in one hand & a Bible in the other I would travel up and down Hwy 1 and 101 taking in the wonders of the West Coast.

When I lived back home in Minnesota in the winters I started listening to a song on my record player, I would listen to it over and over. Here is the song!



So my CALIFORNIA DREAMING had come true, I spent over 5 years traveling from Oregon to California getting to know the West Coast like the back of my hand.

Mammoth Lakes - California by: Robert Swetz

Mammoth Lakes California - CALIFORNIA DREAMING

Some may ask, did you work? Well of course I worked but only 5 months out of the year, the rest of the year I traveled up and down the State of Oregon & California.

If you have never been to California, you must plan a vacation and see what all the fuss is about. Try to visit the Northern part of California. I was most so impressed with the northern part of the state because it is more laid back and relaxing.

California has the tallest trees in the world, (Redwoods) it has the oldest tree in the world, (Bristle Cone Pine), the most beautiful coast line in the world and some very fun cities, like Redding, Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles & Dan Diego, just to name a few.

So if you are a Active Rain Member and live in California, have traveled in California, of love California, please join my new group and post blogs with stories and photos attached. Here in the URL for the group and we look forward to reading and viewing you photos.

- CALIFORNIA DREAMING

Have a wonderful day and I will see you in The Rain

all photographs by Robert Swetz

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home